KIDS GATHERING PARTY 2012
The KIDS Gathering Party 2012 was a great success and happiness was definitely the theme for the day. More than 120 people attended the party and thoroughly enjoyed their day in the beautiful Bali sun. We even had five KIDS families from other islands attend. Held on the 30th June at Circus Water Park Kuta the KIDS families shared their stories and hopes for the future and also reflected on the ten years that have passed since the first Bali Bombing.
One of our KIDS children proudly opened our event with an individual karate performance that we called “kata”. Next on our agenda was to celebrate the birthdays of all our KIDS children. The excitement of the children filled the air. Smiles all around as colourful cupcakes with candles were presented with singing and clapping. After the birthday celebrations were over everyone joined in the games and then it was time to get WET! Everybody certainly enjoyed the water park and its rides.
In the afternoon all of the KIDS scholars received their school supplies from YKIP. They also received a bag and birthday surprises, plus an extra goodie bag from Surfer Girl.
Last activity but not least, acknowledgement was given to the KIDS children who have demonstrated outstanding achievements throughout the year, either in academic or non academic activities. These children were awarded with prizes and undoubtedly were motivation for the other KIDS children to give their best effort in all that they pursue.
We would like to thank all those involved in making our party such a success. Thank you to all our cheerful volunteers who ensured the party was fun and ran smoothly.
- Volunteers from PT. Mitrais: Christine Novanti Bayu, Anselma Olivia, Abubakar Siddiq, Benedictus Yoga Budi Putranto, Ivan Kafarudin, Kukuh Adityanto Dwitama, Eti Nurhaeti, Usman Alibin.
- Other volunteers: Nita Wiyesti, Cakra Usada, Dewanto Adi Agung
We would also like to thank our sponsors. Without your generous donations this event would not have been possible.
- Casaluna team through Casaluna Relief Fund project who generously donated Rp. 30.000.000,- for this event.
- Surfer Girl who generously donated Rp. 2.000.000,- and a goodie bag for all of our KIDS scholars.
- Bank Rakyat Indonesia who generously donated Rp. 1.000.000,-
For more pictures of the event, please visit our facebook page.
We are all looking forward to seeing each other again at next year’s KIDS Gathering Event.